Position expires on 2nd March 2018
The role in a nutshell:
We are in the process of expanding our core platform team to build out our award-winning web and investment management platform. This project will maintain Nutmeg’s ability to be a leader in the FinTech sector when it comes to the way we build technology. We want Engineers who are as excited as we are about been in a team that pushes boundaries and continues to be the rule breaker of the FinTech sector.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for looking after the heart of what makes Nutmeg the company it is. You’ll be heavily involved with all our technical infrastructure, from designing, monitoring and metrics through to building infrastructure and CI/CD tools.
Our team run a cutting-edge AWS-based environment, and want stay at the forefront of technical innovation. We need people who are passionate about technology and understand that testing and quality is the responsibility of the entire tech team and are equipped to take the lead and display their super powers by writing brilliant code and simply get stuff done at a fast pace.
What you’ll need to do:
- Proven experience of building and managing continual automation / deployment / delivery environments.
- Experience running infrastructures on cloud platforms, appreciation for their failure modes, and a good understanding of network concepts and fundamentals.
- Excellent systems and database experience, with an understanding of the challenges involved in designing and building distributed/microservice environments.
- Strong coding skills - especially in Go and Python.
- Security focused, best practices, implementation
- AWS, Mesos/Marathon, Docker, Terraform, Prometheus, Linkerd
- 7+ years’ industry experience.
- A willingness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies.
- A passion for metrics and data-driven decision making.
What we're looking for:
We want people who care about doing automation the right way, building fully containerised environments, and integrating orchestration frameworks. We want people who can help us solve unsolved problems, and work as part of a highly skilled team to build great things.
We need you to care deeply about performance and availability. You will need a deep understanding of latency, and how to use metrics and data to make informed decisions.
We want Engineers who understand infrastructure at a deep level and can also write high quality, maintainable and well-tested code.
We understand that things can occasionally go wrong and we want to work with people who can calmly deal with the immediate crisis; are happy to get stuck in to help fix the issue at hand and then focus on working out what the root cause of the issue is and work effectively to make sure we fix it properly.
How to apply:
Email your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Applications that don’t have a CV will not be considered.