Position expires on 31st August 2018
The role in a nutshell:
As a Compliance & Risk Analyst you will be responsible for helping to ensure that Nutmeg has an effective compliance and risk management approach with a robust strategy, monitoring, challenge and assurance.
Using strong relationship and technical skills, you will work within a small team to continue Nutmeg’s approach to meet the demands of a developing and dynamic business.
Reporting to the Compliance & Risk Analyst, you will be key to the execution of compliance and risk mgt processes & support the design & execution of the Compliance Monitoring Programme. You will partner with the business to achieve the compliance goals, and will feel part of the running of an exciting business, while maintaining the necessary independence to provide effective and insightful challenge.
What you’ll need to do:
- Maintain an effective second line compliance and risk monitoring programme with the inputs, the evaluations, reporting and alerts to ensure effectiveness and practical relevance
- Provide challenge and advice management and staff on compliance and risk management matters including, but not confined to, financial promotions, product design and development, AML and financial crime, client money, treating customers fairly (including suitability & complaints), conduct and operational risk.
- Provide relevant compliance and risk reporting and management information, consistent with the Nutmeg’s governance to the Executive team and Compliance and Risk Committee.
- Assist the process of establishing and maintaining Nutmeg’s Risk appetite, advising the Executive on risk tolerance, developing an approach to establishing and maintaining this and assist the CRCO in reporting to the Board on Nutmeg’s performance against Risk Appetite.
- Help design, monitor and oversee an effective anti-money laundering and financial crime framework, including policy maintenance, training, monitoring and reporting
- Assist in the generation of accurate data to enable the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer to report to the executive team and Board on key risks, issues and actions taken, ensuring that concerns and recommendations are clearly and concisely articulated so that appropriate action can be taken as necessary
- Assist in the implementation of an appropriate compliance training programme.
- Monitor regulatory developments to ensure that change initiatives are addressed by stated deadlines
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate must be a post-entry level Compliance Professional within an FCA regulated environment. Experience of working with internal stakeholders at all levels, and the ability to challenge robustly and take an objective view combined with strong practical knowledge of applying compliance and risk management is essential to this role.
We’re looking for someone with a dynamic mindset and strong organisational skills. You will have had experience in balancing the collaboration required to work with a business to develop its compliance vision and strategy, with the ability to inspire confidence and challenge independently and thoughtfully.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a strong team player, have the ability to overcome resistance and drive cross-functional change and relationships to get things done. We need a self–starter and results focused person who has the desire to drive continuous performance and make a difference.
As a compliance & risk analyst you will need to be able to operate at a practical working level including having experience of and skills in:
- Working in an FCA regulated environment, ideally in retail wealth management, in a compliance & risk management role.
- Understanding of the FCA’s requirements, its Rules, Handbook and the thinking and intent of the FCA in judgment based issues
- Identification, management, monitoring and mitigation of risk, including the undertaking of credible risk assessments and the presentation of insights and conclusions arising
- Understanding of what is required to ensure retail financial promotions are compliant
- Building effective staff compliance and risk training and development
- Working in a collaborative team environment, both directly in a small Risk and Compliance team, and indirectly across the business.
- Developing and implementing an effective approach to the establishment, maintenance and monitoring of Risk Appetite and risk tolerance
- Putting in place and maintaining robust policy and control frameworks
- Exercising judgment and managing ambiguity with judgment based and often unspoken FCA dynamics
- Credibility at an executive and working level
- Speaking out and providing necessary but insightful and constructive challenge at all levels of the business
- Providing challenging oversight of how the business is operating in a manner which meets the FCA’s regulatory requirements
- As above, wealth management experience is desirable but not essential
- Degree qualified is desirable, but not essential.
Inside the Nutmeg shell:
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?
Join a well-funded high-growth business:
- Growing by hundreds of customers per week
- Listed as “one to watch” in the Times Top 100 Small Businesses
- Stonewall Diversity Champion
- Series D fundraise completed in 2016, raising over $50m to fuel accelerated growth
- Founded in 2012 by Nick Hungerford and William Todd
- Led by Martin Stead, CEO
Backed by an impressive array of shareholders who have collectively invested more than £70m, and have been integral to the success of digital giants such as Skype, Hotmail, Facebook, Overture, Klarna & Baidu. To name a few:
- Asset management firm Schroders
- Venture capitalists Balderton Capital and Pentech
- Angel investors including Charles Dunstone, Nigel Wray and Sir Victor Blank
- Leading Hong Kong financial advisory firm Convoy Financial Holdings
- Taiwan's second largest bank Fubon
How to apply:
Email your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Applications that don’t have a CV will not be considered.