The opportunity in a nutshell:
On the back of our successful fundraising, we are investing heavily in our core platform and products. We’re hiring high volumes of Developers and Engineers.We want to change the way Investments are done, we feel that for too long consumers have been left in the dark with organisations charging high fees, making things tough to understand and creating a system where only the wealthiest benefit. We don’t think this is good enough and we want to bring the power back to you.
Nutmeg has enjoyed incredible success since its public launch in 2012 and our growth continues at an explosive pace. We are in the process of expanding our award winning web and investment management platforms and are looking to enhance our team with the addition of a Software Engineer to work in the Delivery team primarily working with Java using leading technologies such as Mesos and Docker!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to join a progressive environment, to be a part of a growing company which can offer development and exposure to greenfield projects.
This is a challenging role with great rewards.
What we're looking for:
We want to work with people who understand that, along with the power to deliver lots of new features to our customers on a daily basis, comes the responsibility to ensure that we have built solid, well-tested, reliable code that is easily monitorable and measurable by our operations team.
We work together in cross-functional teams (Engineering, ops and product) and co-own product delivery end-to- end. We believe in autonomy and giving people the opportunity to come up with new ideas to help us drive the business forward. We feel that the best Software Engineers (and the ones we want to work with) are self-starters who can work well as part of a larger team and who can build enthusiasm and empower the team with their ideas, making sure their goals work for everyone (not just focusing on current or short term goals).
We understand that things can occasionally go wrong and we want to work with people who can calmly deal with the immediate crisis; are happy to get stuck in to help fix the issue at hand and then work out the root cause and effectively deal with it.
Our Engineers must have:
- Commercial experience in Java or equivalent
- Experience working in a continuous automation / deployment / delivery environment
- Worked on web / online organisations
- Good understanding of APIs and REST
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Strong bias in test-driven development and automation (unit, feature, integration and regression)
- Excited about the opportunity to make quality a first order primitive of our system and product delivery process
- Exposure to building applications on cloud platforms, familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of how to work on a *nix desktop environment (OS X, GNU/Linux) and be familiar with the terminal
- Passion for technology and really care about how we can use it to improve our customers’ financial wealth opportunities. We want to make our customers rich!
- Team player attributes and is willing to stand up and put forward ideas
- A curiosity about new ways of working and easily adjustable to different approaches and idea
How to apply:
Email your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Applications that don’t have a CV will not be considered.