Please see the terms and conditions below for information about how the winner will be selected and contacted.
1. By entering the prize draw you deemed to have accepted these prize draw terms and conditions.
Eligibility to enter
2. This offer is open to new and existing Nutmeg Saving & Investment Limited (“Nutmeg”) customers who wish to open a new Junior ISA or transfer an existing Junior ISA or Child Trust Fund from another provider to Nutmeg.
a. New customers are individuals who have not invested with, or used the services of, Nutmeg before, and in Nutmeg’s reasonable opinion, are capable of being accepted as a customer of Nutmeg, in accordance with the requirements of Nutmeg’s Standard Terms and Conditions, and all applicable law.
b. Existing customers are individuals who are Nutmeg customers that have opened an account before the September 21st 2020.
3. This prize draw will:
a. Open for acceptance on September 21st 2020 at 00:00am; and
b. Close on 21st October 2020 at 11:59pm (the “Prize Draw Period”).
4. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
5. Please note, in accordance with HRMC rules a child can only have one Stocks and Shares Junior ISA, therefore a maximum of one entry per child is permitted.
6. Employees, officers or directors of Nutmeg or members of any such person’s immediate family or household will not be eligible to enter the prize draw.
How to enter
7. Upon completing at least one of the following steps within the Prize Draw Period you will be automatically entered in the prize draw:
a. Open and fund a new Nutmeg Junior ISA by making a minimum investment of £100; or
b. Complete an application to transfer a Junior ISA or Child Trust Fund with a minimum value of £100 to Nutmeg. For the transfer application to be considered valid for the purpose of the prize draw, the ceding provider must confirm the transfer within the Prize Draw Period.
8. Failure to complete the actions listed above within the Prize Draw Period will result in your prize draw entry being voided.
9. Entering the prize draw is free.
10. Each Junior ISA opened or transferred within the Prize Draw Period will automatically entitle you to one entry into the prize draw. Should you wish to be excluded from the prize draw, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Nutmeg shall not be held responsible for:
a. Failures or delays caused by third-party providers; and
b. Failed entries due to technical failures outside of Nutmeg’s reasonable control.
12. The prize will be a cash sum of £9,000, the equivalent of a Junior ISA annual allowance for the tax year 2020/2021.
13. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and will be paid directly to the bank account associated with your Nutmeg account.
14. The winner will be randomly selected in accordance with the laws of chance by an independent third party on 28th October 2020.
15. The winner will be notified within 5 working days from the date of selection via the email associated with their Nutmeg account.
16. Nutmeg will attempt to contact the winner by email up to two times.
17. If the winner does not respond to the second email notifying them of their win within fourteen (14) days, they will lose their right to the prize, and Nutmeg reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
18. Please note, we are required to provide details proving a valid award has taken place to anyone requesting such information. We will comply with this requirement by disclosing the winner’s surname and county upon request. Should you wish to object to these details being shared, please contact us at email@example.com. For the avoidance of doubt, regardless of your objection and in the event we are asked for it, we will still be required to share the winner’s surname and county with the Advertising Standards Authority.
Receipt of the prize
19. The winner will receive a prize cash sum of £9,000. We will provide the prize via electronic transfer to the bank account associated with your Nutmeg account within 30 days of successfully contacting the winner, subject to the winner’s confirmation that the payment details and information we hold is correct.
20. Nutmeg reserves the right to void the prize draw entry at any time without prior notice in cases of suspected abuse, fraud or violation of its rules.
21. Nutmeg reserves the right to change, terminate or withdraw this prize draw without prior notice due to unexpected operational constraints.
22. This prize draw should not form the basis of any decision to invest. If you are unsure if a Junior ISA is the right choice for you and your child, please seek financial advice.
23. This prize draw, the Nutmeg Junior ISA, transfers and withdrawals, are subject to, and governed by, Nutmeg’s Standard Terms and Conditions and the general law. If there is a conflict between (a) the terms of this prize draw; and (b) Nutmeg’s Standard Terms and Conditions and the general law, the latter will prevail.
24. Nutmeg charges management and other fees. The details are available here.
Our team of specialists can help answer any questions you may have.